Thursday, June 01, 2006


Mom has been really busy lately so no posting for me. I do have lots of good news to share today. Mom went away last weekend so I am thrilled to have her home. I miss her so much when she is gone. The Beast behaved himself so Mom didn't come home to find my face all scratched up.

My really big news is this: my doctor says I am almost well! I didn't post this because I didn't want to upset anyone but last fall my doctor said I was in the early stages of kidney disease. Mom was so upset, she cried an awful lot. I have been extra cuddly trying to help us both get through this. I have been having my blood checked every 3 months (thus the pictures that show my neck shaved). Last week was blood draw week. The news came back that my blood levels are almost normal! I have been eating special food and the doctor says it is really helping. I don't like the dry stuff though so he said I could double up on the canned stuff (it tastes like chicken) and have my favorite dry food so that I gain back some weight.

I feel so good, I have a spring in my step and a smile on my fuzzy face! And Mom is ecstatic too!!!

No comments: